Quick Start Accounting is not liable for any damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site.
This site offers links to other sites thereby enabling you to leave this site and go directly to the linked site. Quick Start Accounting is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site. Quick Start Accounting is not responsible for any transmission received from any linked site. The links are provided to assist visitors to Quick Start Accounting’s site and the inclusion of a link does not imply Quick Start Accounting endorses or has approved the linked site.
Your privacy is important to Quick Start Accounting. For the purpose of data protection legislation, and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you.
Quick Start Accounting is the trading name of Christopher Turner’s writing, authoring and publishing business. You can contact Christopher Turner trading as Quick Start Accounting by emailing email@example.com.
How we may collect your personal data
We may collect personal data about you, for example, when:
- You request information about our products and services;
- Your order products or engage us to provide services to you or your organisation;
- You contact us by email, telephone, post or social media;
- You purchase our products or services through our distributors; or
- We receive information about you from other sources such as publicly available information on your or your organisation’s website.
The kind or information we hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- Your personal details such as your name, address, email and phone number;
- Details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or proposed provision of our goods or services;
- Details of any goods or services you have purchased form us or our distributors;
- Details of our correspondence and communications with you;
- Your IP address, dates, times and frequencies of visits to our website;
- Information from research, surveys and marketing activities.
How we will use information we hold about you
We may use your personal data in order to:
- Provide our goods or services to you and fulfil our contractual obligations to you;
- Provide you with information related to our goods and services;
- Notify you of changes to our goods and services;
- To help make improvements to our website; or
- To improve our service offering.
We rely on a number of different lawful bases for processing information we hold about you including:
- Your consent (you are able to remove your consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Where we have a contractual obligation;
- Where we have a legal obligation; or
- Where we have a legitimate interest.
We may share the information we hold about you with our suppliers and service providers such as our payments processor, analytics provider, couriers, web hosting provider, printers, distributers and retailers as well as accountants, lawyers and other professional advisers.
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit. Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you.
We may also share the information we hold about you when, from time to time we expand or reduce our business which may involve the sale and/or transfer of control of all or part of Quick Start Accounting.
We may also be obliged to share information when required to do so by applicable laws or regulations.
How we store your information
Quick Start Accounting and its service providers may process, store and use your personal information at facilities in various locations. If you are located in the EEA and we transfer your personal information outside the EEA, we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards such as standard contractual clauses to ensure that such data will be protected as required by applicable data protection law.
We will not keep the information we hold about you for any longer than we consider necessary. When considering how long is necessary we will have regard to the requirements of our business and the goods or services provided, any statutory and regulatory obligations, the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data, the lawful basis upon which processing is based and whether the purpose of our processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Once we no longer need the information we hold about you, we will delete or destroy it securely.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s helpline number is +44 (0)303 123 1113 and the address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookie(s) we use and why.
|SERVERID87219||HTTP||Technical cookie, stored by the server to be able to adjust the weight of the server, and to redirect the user on the right server.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to other sites
As outlined in our legal disclaimer, Quick Start Accounting provides links to other sites. Please be aware that when clicking on such links, those other sites may utilise their own cookies and may track that you have been directed to their site from a Quick Start Accounting webpage.